TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- “Smart AudioVisual” – JOSHUA ROBERT SMART, Trading as Smart AudioVisual (ABN 32 950 945 817)
- “(The) Hirer” – the Organisation or Person hiring the equipment as shown on the Tax Invoice
- “Property” – the property being hired as listed (eg. speakers, lights, mixing consoles, projectors, computers, any supporting hardware, tools etc) as well as any other property that is owned or cross-hired by Smart AudioVisual including vehicles and equipment from other companies
- “User” – anyone who uses or has access to the property in connection with your use of the property
- “Invitees” – anyone who attends an event at which the property is being used during your use of the property, whether or not expressly invited
- The Total Fee must be paid by the due date as shown on the Invoice, or within 30 days of the Invoice date, whichever comes first.
- If any damage occurs to the property through your use, you must pay Smart AudioVisual within 30 days the cost of any repairs or replacement.
- You must cover and reimburse Smart AudioVisual for any losses incurred because of your or any users use of the property, including any claim made against Smart AudioVisual by you, anyone connected with you, any user or any invitee as a result of your use of the property.
- The Hirer will maintain at its own expense all appropriate policies of Insurance for all damage to or arising out of the hire of the property in an amount not less than the full new replacement cost of the property; and for all Public Liability risks in respect of the hire or use of the property by the Hirer for not less than $10 million for any one occurrence.
You must pay, assume liability for, and indemnify, protect, defend, save and hold harmless [but to the extent only that you must have no obligation to indemnity against or satisfy the same claim twice] Smart AudioVisual from and against any and all liabilities, obligation, losses, damages, penalties, injuries, claims, settlements, actions, demands, judgement, charges, public fees, suit, costs and expenses [including, but not limited to, legal fees and expenses] of whatsoever kind and nature which may from time to time be imposed on or incurred by Smart AudioVisual, relating to or arising out of the use of the property by you, any user or any invitee.
Loss or Damage
You shall pay, assume liability for, and indemnify Smart AudioVisual against any loss or damage occasioned to the property caused by you, any user or any invitees or which loss or damage occurred during your use or hire of or responsibility for the same. You must return the property at the conclusion of the agreed hire period unless other arrangements have been made in writing with Smart AudioVisual. By accepting hire of the property, you hereby enter a Hire Agreement with Smart AudioVisual and you hereby confirm that you have read, understood and agree to the conditions of Hire as shown herein.